(217) 442-2096       100 West Main Street Suite #146 Danville, IL 61832

Historic Millstone



The Historical Marker Database

Located on the grounds of the Vermilion County Museum Complex.

From Gilber’s Mill on North Forth River Ellsworth Park, Danville’s first mill. C.M. Gilbert’s grist-mill was originally built in 1787. Mr. Gilbert purchased the mill in 1875, and ground about 7,000 bushels of wheat per year. The mill had three runs of stones.


Upcoming Events